Toum pairs with potatoes as wine pairs with cheese; they are the perfect duo.
These crispy smashed baby potatoes are so unbelievably good with our spicy toum that they make a great side dish any day of the week.
- In medium saucepan, place potatoes and cover with water by about an inch. Add 1 Tbsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, za’atar and sumac seasonings and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on baking tray and smash using the bottom of a glass or a heavy spatula, they should be about ½ thick.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes, until edges are crispy and potatoes are golden brown. Garnish with parsley and serve with Spicy Toum.
- 680 g baby potatoes
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 L)
- 2-3 tsp Farm Boy™ Za'atar Seasoning (60 g)
- 1 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Sumac Seasoning (60 g)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pack Spicy Toum Garlic Sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish