When grilling season is upon us, there is nothing as impressive as serving a thick, juicy, marbled, bone-in beef rib steak. This kind of meat does not need fancy seasonings; instead, simpler is better, so the flavour of the meat comes through. Serve it with an easy garlic flower butter for an amazing meal.
Remove steak from the fridge about 20 minutes before you plan to cook. Set up a two-zone grilling area: one burner should be at the highest and the other burner should be set to low. The idea is to give the steak a quick sear on the hot side over direct heat, then transfer it to the cooler side over indirect heat to finish cooking slowly, until it reaches the perfect temperature. If you have an instant read thermometer, it is the best tool to measure internal temperature: for medium rare, pull the steak at 130°F, and the carryover cooking will take it to 135-140°F as it rests.
- Bring steak to room temperature.
- Rub steak with olive oil and then season with FB Fleur de Sel and Steak seasoning, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Grill steak on all sides over high heat, 3-5 minutes per side to achieve nice grill marks. Transfer to indirect heat, close the lid and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness.
- If you prefer to finish in the oven, once you have seared the steak on the grill, transfer to a preheated 400°F oven. Place steak in ovenproof pan and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F for medium rare (140°F for medium; 150°F for medium well done).
- Let steak rest for 10-15 minutes before carving – steak will continue to cook a bit more as it rests.
- Melt butter with garlic flowers. Drizzle over steak.
- 1 Frenched Bone-In Rib Steak approximately 1.5kg
- 2 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 L)
- 2 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Pepper Steak Seasoning (140 g)
- 1 Tbsp Farm Boy™️ Fleur de Sel
- 1/4 cup Salted butter softened
- 1 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Garlic Flowers (190 ml)