Canada Day is a time of the year to celebrate our wonderful nation and the rich heritage, legacy of perseverance, and the natural wonders that we have available to us. Today, it symbolizes even more than that. It is a holiday where we gather with loved ones in enjoyment of our country’s boundless adventures. From exploring the parks, picnic dates, beach days with friends, or going to the cottage with family, we do it – together. With a little help from us, make this Canada Day another beautiful memory on a lane of endless wonders. Below are a few ideas for where you can go, what you can snack on, and what kinds of fun meals you can make along the way.
Get out there and ADVENTURE.
Places to go.
Tip: Keep a disposable film camera or instant film camera to chronicle your trip! It’s a fun way to look back on fond memories and is a physical keepsake too.
- Ontario’s “Euro”-towns from Paris to Elora ~ 4-day road trip: European inspiration
- Thornbury ~ Thornbury and Clarksburg
- Unionville ~ Markham and Unionville
- Port Stanley ~ Port Stanley
- Dundas ~ Guide to Exploring Dundas – Tourism Hamilton
Things to snack on.
Every road trip consists of basic things that make the time spent traveling more enjoyable. Games, conversation, music, sleep, and snacks all contribute to nostalgic memory building. Having a great set of munchies and treats can really boost everyone’s mood and add to the holiday fun! Check out our top picks and honourable mentions for the best pick-ups on the way to your final stop!
Our Top 3
- A crunchy mix of nuts, seeds, cocoa, and a touch of maple syrup.
- Made in Ontario!
- Perfect grab-n-go snacker!
- Savoury favourites like mini bocconcini, Napoli pepperoni, and pita chips.
Other road trip worthy treats:
Things to sip on.
A crisp and refreshing drink not only helps you cool down under the hot sun, but brings on a sense of relaxation and calm. When you want to #slowdownsummer a little to enjoy the moment, opt for tasty sip of our unique array of drinks. On the road, at a stop for lunch, or when it’s time to enjoy the evening sunset, the right “bev” can make all the difference.
Our Top 3
- Excellent choice for java to-go!
- Have straight out of the can or on the rocks.
- Add a little cream or use it in a cocktail.
- Refreshing drink with fruity aroma.
- Add fresh fruit for a boosted flavour.
- Try it in a pina colada!
- Botanical infused herbal tea.
- Organic & Caffeine Free.
- Great in a mixed drink!
Other road trip worthy “bev’s”:
- Dark Roast Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
- Organic Orange Vanilla Sparkling Water
- Mango Lime Sparkling Beverage
- Sparkling Lime Lemonade
- Organic Mango Grapefruit Kombucha
- Raspberry Lemongrass Organic Kombucha
Things to eat.
Having quick meal options and ready-to-eat dishes can help save time and energy for other activities you have planned. Get a cooler ready with ice or cold packs and take some pre-prepared foods to eat along the drive, at a stop, or when you arrive at your destination. Below are some appetizers, mains, and desserts that require minimal effort, but provide maximum flavour!
Our Top 3
- Rich, buttery, and spicy.
- Makes an excellent appetizer or snack with rustic crackers.
- Try it in a sandwich with roasted veggies and cheese!
- Personal sized for stress free eating.
- Full of greens, fibre, proteins, and seeds.
- Ultra moist and soaked in lemony syrup!
- Herbaceous & fresh aroma.
- Add fresh berries and cream for a summery dessert.
Other road trip worthy eats:
Recipes to try.
View these tasty recipes:
Starters and Sides