Ottawa–Dec 3, 2015 – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) celebrates the official grand opening of its first fresh market location in Kitchener-Waterloo.
Located at 385 Fairway Road South (Fairway Plaza) the new 22,000 square foot Farm Boy™ Fairway store brings more than 170 full and part time jobs to the Kitchener community and true to the Farm Boy roots, the new store promises to deliver the very best, “fresh-and-friendly”, convenient fresh market shopping experience.
Opening ceremonies kicked-off early in the morning with welcome speeches from Jeff York, Farm Boy President and CEO, and Kitchener Councilor Bil Ioannidis. Just prior to the ribbon cutting and the official opening of the new store, Farm Boy presented Tracey Bailey, President and CEO, Grand River Hospital Foundation, with a $5,000 donation in support of the hospital’s nutritional and health awareness programs.
Customers are invited to the store’s Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, December 5th, from 10 am. to 2 pm. While there, they can sample tasty treats from the Farm Boy Kitchen and several local suppliers including Finest Sausage & Meat Ltd and Mountainoak Cheese. Children will have a chance to meet the Farm Boy mascot, Lulu the Cow, have their photo taken in the Farm Boy truck photo board and enjoy some face painting.
“We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to the Kitchener community, says Farm Boy CEO Jeff York. We promise to work hard to earn their business and we hope they will enjoy all of the fresh Farm Boy features this store has to offer.”
What’s in store for Kitchener’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce including; organic and local when in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including; organic, natural and gluten free items, over 500 fresh Ontario dairy products, plus many locally-made products such as 2Go Energy, Ashanti Coffee, Finest Sausage and Meat Ltd. and Mountainoak Cheese.
- Deeply marbled Premium AAA Canadian Beef, aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Field Gate Organics’ hormone-free fresh organic beef, pork and chicken.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- 150 fresh deli meats cut to order, including fresh Farm Boy turkey, beef and pork oven roasts, marinated overnight and slowly roasted without nitrites or preservatives.
- A 40 foot wholesome and fresh salad and hot bar.
- More than 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- Ah So Sushi made in store fresh daily.
- 63 fresh “scoop your own” bulk nuts, grains and sweet treats, including 22 organic choices.
- A bright, relaxing in store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
With this new store and more growth on the horizon, Farm Boy continues to build on its unique recipe for success: delivering the freshest, best-tasting foods and friendly service.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand established in Cornwall in 1981, to 19 stores located in Cornwall, Ottawa, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Whitby and now Kitchener. The company plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with plans to open four new stores in 2016.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 8M7