McRae Avenue opening planned for June 23, 2016
Ottawa, ON (June 20, 2016) – Another first for the rapidly expanding Farm Boy™ chain will be realized this week when Westboro becomes Ottawa’s newest destination for the unique and friendly Farm Boy fresh food shopping experience.
Set to open its doors this Thursday morning at 8 am at 317 McRae Avenue (near Scott Street, three blocks west of Island Park Drive), Westboro shoppers can soon enjoy Farm Boy’s fresh and unique tastes right in their own neighbourhood.
True to its roots, the new Farm Boy will carry locally sourced foods, abundant varieties of fresh produce, natural and organic foods and unique specialty items, including artisanal farmstead cheese, butcher-quality fresh meats, eco-friendly sustainable fresh seafood and its popular line of private label products.
Best of all, Westboro residents can look forward to an unparalleled selection of wholesome, preservative-free, fresh meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen and ready to eat at home or in the in-store mezzanine eating area.
Located on the main floor of a new residential development, the 19,798 sq. ft. facility is Farm Boy’s 21st location bringing an additional 165 jobs to the community. The first to open in Ottawa since the Train Yards store opened in March 2013, the company has since expanded into new markets opening three stores in London as well as stores in Whitby, Kitchener and Brantford.
“Offering fresh, wholesome foods with a focus on customer service has been the heart and soul of our business since 1981,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy CEO. “The new urban store concept was a natural development for Farm Boy. The smaller footprint and convenience of the urban location, combined with our ongoing commitment to freshness, quality and value, allows us to bring our unique fresh shopping experience closer to home for urban dwellers.”
Farm Boy will include more urban concept stores in their expansion plans. Locations will be announced as they are finalized.
What’s in store for shoppers at Westboro’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
- A 64 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made toO order.
- 100% All Canadian Beef, cut from Canada AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Over 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- Fieldgate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Fresh Oven Roasts slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without nitrates or preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made completely from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Convenient surface parking along with underground parking under the store on P1. 90 minutes free parking with a $10 purchase.
- Lulu the Cow, in store greeting children.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, plus their popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 21 stores. The company plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with more stores planned for 2016. A full listing of locations may be found on the company’s website: www.farmboy.ca.
For more information, contact: