Ottawa, ON (June 23, 2016) – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) celebrated the official grand opening of its first urban concept store in the Westboro community of Ottawa, Ontario this morning.
Located at 317 McRae Avenue (near Scott Street, three blocks west of Island Park Drive) on the main floor of a new residential development, the 19,798 sq. ft. facility is Farm Boy’s 21st location bringing an additional 165 jobs to the community.
Opening ceremonies began early in the morning Thursday with welcome speeches from Jeff York, Farm Boy President and CEO, Jeff Leiper, Ottawa City Councillor (Ward 15 Kitchissippi) and Mary Thorne, Executive Director of the Westboro Village BIA.
Just prior to the ribbon cutting and the official opening of the new store, Farm Boy presented the Dovercourt Recreation Association a $5,000 donation in support of the DRA’s great work in maintaining a healthy, vibrant community.
“We’re excited to bring this new urban concept store to the Westboro community while remaining true to the Farm Boy roots, promising to deliver the very best, fresh, friendly and convenient shopping experience.” says Jeff York, Farm Boy CEO.
Customers are invited to the store’s Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, June 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. While there, they can sample tasty treats from the Farm Boy™ Kitchen and several local suppliers including Meat Press, Enerjive and Hummingbird Chocolate. Children will have a chance to meet the Farm Boy mascot, Lulu the Cow and enjoy some face painting.
What’s in store for shoppers at Westboro’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
- A 64 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made to order.
- 100% All Canadian Beef, cut from Canada AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Over 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- Fieldgate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Fresh Oven Roasts slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without nitrates or preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made completely from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi on the second floor mezzanine overlooking the store.
- Convenient surface parking along with underground parking on P1. 90 minutes free parking with a $10 purchase.
- Lulu the Cow, in store greeting children.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, plus their popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 21 stores. The company plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with more stores planned for 2016. A full listing of locations may be found on the company’s website: www.farmboy.ca.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing
Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 8M7