Ottawa, ON (March 24th, 2021) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, announced today it will be opening its 37 th fresh market location on April 8th, 2021, in Richmond Hill.
“Customer shopping has definitely changed throughout the pandemic,” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, President and General Manager, Farm Boy. “We’ve upgraded our meal-ready solutions in store with new full-service salad and hot bars, along with a variety of to-go options that are convenient and nutritious. We are excited to show Richmond Hill the Farm Boy experience – rooted in fresh, wholesome food, along with exceptional customer service.”
Located at 12266 Yonge Street, the 26,725 sq. ft. location has created 135 new jobs for the community. True to the company’s roots, this location promises to deliver local residents a unique shopping experience with an abundance of fresh, locally sourced foods to meet their grocery list needs.
With customers’ lifestyles in mind, the new location will offer a range of freshly prepared meals perfect for quick lunches and no-fuss dinners, as well as ample vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free products.
Farm Boy currently operates 36 locations in Ontario and will open 6 new locations by the end of 2021. Farm Boy is most widely known for its local farm fresh produce as well as butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and private label products.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Local farm fresh produce with organic in-season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone-free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- Grill station for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, international, and Canadian cheeses.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and popular private label products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 36 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway. For a full list of future store locations, please visit our website www.farmboy.ca/future-store-locations/
For more information contact:
PR & Communications Manager
Farm Boy Company Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa, ON K1J 8M7