Ottawa, ON (September 29, 2016) – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) celebrates the official grand opening of its first location in Pickering, Ontario.
Located at Pickering Town Centre, the new 25,000 square foot Farm Boy™ Pickering store brings 200 full and part-time jobs to the local community, and true to the Farm Boy roots, promises to deliver the very best, fresh, friendly and convenient shopping experience.
Opening ceremonies began early in the morning with welcome speeches from Jeff York, Farm Boy President and CEO; Tracy MacCharles, MPP Pickering-Scarborough East; Kathy McKay, Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade Executive Director; and David Ryan, Pickering Mayor.
Just prior to the ribbon cutting and the official opening of the new store, Farm Boy presented Tracy Paterson, Rouge Valley Health System Foundation Vice President of Community Development, with a $5,000 donation in support of the hospital’s nutritional education programs.
Customers are invited to the store’s Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, October 1, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. While there, they can sample tasty treats from the Farm Boy Kitchen and several local suppliers including Kent Coffee Company and Grandmother’s Bake Shoppe. Children will have a chance to meet the Farm Boy mascot, Lulu the Cow, and enjoy some face painting.
“We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to the Pickering community” says Jeff York. “We promise to work hard to earn their business and we hope they will enjoy all of the fresh Farm Boy features this store has to offer.”
What’s in store for shoppers at Pickering’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
- A 52 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made to order.
- Farm Boy beef, cut from Canada AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Over 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- Field Gate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Fresh Oven Roasts cut to order made with premium meats, slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without nitrates or preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, plus their popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 23 stores located in Brantford, Cambridge, Cornwall, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Whitby and now Pickering. The company plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with more stores planned for 2017.