Customers are invited to share in a ribbon cutting ceremony at the store at 7:40 a.m. on Thursday, September 29. The first 50 customers in line will receive a Farm Boy™ Gift Card ranging in value from $5 to $100 with one grand prize of $500. The official grand opening celebration on Saturday, October 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. will feature tasty samples, in store specials, Lulu the cow and face painting for the kids.
Along with the 200 newly created jobs, Pickering residents will soon have the opportunity to experience first-hand the fresh, friendly and convenient fresh market shopping experience that has earned Farm Boy legions of loyal fans in Ontario for over 30 years.
True to its roots, the new Farm Boy will carry locally sourced foods and deliver abundant varieties of fresh produce, natural and organic foods and unique specialty items, including artisanal farmstead cheese, butcher-quality fresh meats, eco-friendly sustainable fresh seafood and its popular line of store brand products.
Best of all, Pickering residents can look forward to an unparalleled selection of wholesome, preservative-free, fresh meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen and ready to eat at home or in the Farm Boy in-store eating area. The store will feature an incredible 52-foot self-serve food bar offering fresh greens, grains, grilled proteins and an array of hot and tasty favourites.
“We have built a solid reputation in Ontario as a top destination for fresh, wholesome food,” said York. “We’re confident this reputation will continue to grow in Pickering and we plan to work hard to earn their business.”
What’s in store for shoppers at Pickering’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
- A 52 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made to order.
- Deeply marbled Canada AAA beef, aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Over 200 local farmstead, artisanal, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- Field Gate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Fresh Oven Roasts cut to order, slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without added nitrates or preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, plus their popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 22 stores located in Brantford, Cambridge, Cornwall, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa and Whitby, with the Pickering location opening September 29. The company plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with more stores planned for 2017.