Ottawa, ON (December 10, 2018) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announced the opening of its 27th fresh market location on December 13th in the town of Oakville.
Grand Opening Celebration: Saturday, January 12, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Oakville residents are invited to join the store team for the grand opening celebration and sample many of the tasty treats Farm Boy has to offer, featuring local foods and Farm Boy fresh favourites. Children will have a chance to meet Farm Boy mascot, LULU the cow and enjoy free face painting.
Located at the Oakwoods Centre at 1907 Ironoak Way (corner of Upper Middle Road East and Joshuas Creek Drive) the 23,250 sq. ft. Farm Boy store created 120 new jobs for the community and, true to their roots, promises to deliver local shoppers a world-class experience with abundant fresh foods and exceptional customer service.
In addition to plentiful varieties of farm fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese and fresh dairy, Oakville residents can look forward to fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals with a fast-casual restaurant experience that includes mouth-watering, made to order stir-fries, flatbread pizza and sushi – plus savoury and sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
Busy, time-pressed shoppers looking to eat well on the run can pick up breakfast, lunch or dinner to enjoy at home or relax in the store’s comfortably designed, Wi-Fi enabled eating area.
“Offering fresh, wholesome foods and friendly service has been the heart and soul of our business since 1981,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy Co-CEO. “We are excited to be opening our newest location in the community of Oakville and we promise to work hard to earn their business.”
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A full restaurant quality prepared food experience featuring:
- 52-foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar.
- Fresh sushi and flatbread pizza.
- Oven roasts cut to order.
- Comfort classic entrees ready to heat and eat.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheese.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy branded products found throughout the store.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 26 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway including the Leslie and Lakeshore location opening in January 2019 in Toronto.
For more information visit: Farm Boy Oakville webpage
Read about Farm Boy in the News: