Ottawa, ON (January 9, 2019) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announced the opening date of its 28th fresh market location on Thursday, January 31st in Toronto.
Located at the corner of Leslie Street and Lake Shore Boulevard, the 20,038 sq. ft. Farm Boy store created 130 new jobs for the community and true to their roots promises to deliver local shoppers a world-class experience with abundant fresh foods and exceptional customer service.
Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, February 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Local residents are invited to join the store’s grand opening celebration, to sample many of the tasty treats Farm Boy has to offer and meet some of the many local suppliers that are featured in store. Children will have a chance to meet Farm Boy mascot, LULU the cow and enjoy free face painting.
In addition to abundant varieties of farm fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese and fresh dairy, local residents can look forward to plenty of locally made products and fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals with a fast-casual restaurant experience that includes mouth-watering, stone-baked flatbreads, stir-fries and sushi – plus plenty of savoury and sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
Busy, time-pressed shoppers looking to eat well on the run can pick up breakfast, lunch or dinner to enjoy at home or relax in the store’s comfortably designed, Wi-Fi enabled eating area.
“The heart and soul of our business since 1981 continues to be our focus on offering fresh, wholesome foods and friendly service,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy Co-CEO. “We are excited to be opening our newest location in the Leslie and Lake Shore community and we promise to work hard to earn their business.”
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A full restaurant quality prepared food experience featuring:
- 36-foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar.
- Fresh sushi and flatbread pizza.
- Oven roasts cut to order.
- Comfort classic entrees ready to heat and enjoy.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheeses.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy branded products found throughout the store.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 27 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway.
Read about Farm Boy in the News:
For more information contact:
Rachel Paré, Community and Events Manager
Farm Boy Company Inc.
2370 Walkley Road, Ottawa, ON K1G 4H9
T: 613-288-3191 C: 613-322-6148 [email protected]