Brussels sprouts make a spectacular side dish any day of the week, and are a classic dish to serve on special occasions. The pairing of pancetta with maple syrup makes the humble sprouts shine. Using an air fryer makes this a quick recipe, but if you don’t have one, you can still make this in the oven – roast at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, until sprouts are tender and golden brown and pancetta is crispy.
Tip: ask one of our Team Members at the Deli counter to slice pancetta 1/8” thick to give you the perfect dice for this recipe.
- Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. In medium bowl, toss sprouts, olive oil, onion or shallot, pancetta, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Add mixture to air fryer basket - depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to do this in two batches. Cook for 7 minutes. Give the basket a shake and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes, or until sprouts are tender, golden brown and outer leaves are starting to crisp up.
- Remove sprouts from air fryer and place in a bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and toss. Serve immediately.
- 800 g brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500 ml)
- 1 cup onion or shallot thinly sliced
- 100 g Farm Boy™ Mild Pancetta diced
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Amber Maple Syrup (250 ml) to taste