This olive oil cake is rich, delicious, and gluten-free! A Mediterranean-inspired version of a pound cake, our recipe uses wintery clementine for a bright burst of flavour. Feel free to put your own spin on it by using a different sort of citrus like lemon, blood orange, or lime!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper, too.
- Zest and juice clementines. In small bowl, combine sugar and clementine zest. Rub sugar between your fingers to infuse with the zest. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil and zest-infused sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs and clementine juice and beat until smooth.
- Add almond flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix only until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack. Allow cake to cool completely, then dust with icing sugar.
- 1 Tbsp clementine zest about 2-3 clementines
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup Farm Boy™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 L)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp clementine juice
- icing sugar for dusting