Laid-back summer entertainment is something that can be achieved very easily with this flavour-packed and decadent recipe.
Grab a wheel of Brie, some mini tomatoes, mini peppers, and shallots, and “bake” them in the barbecue until you get that cheese soft and gooey. Make a quick balsamic glaze with our balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the piping hot cheese and vegetables. Garnish with garden fresh basil and you will serve one of the best appetizers!
- In small saucepan, place balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then turn temperature down and gently boil over medium heat until reduced and thick, approximately 5 minutes. Reserve.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes, shallot, mini peppers, garlic flowers, 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat up barbecue to a temperature of 400°F. When hot, turn off one side of the grill to make a two-temperature zone.
- Grease a 7” cast iron pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Place tomato mixture in pan and top with Brie wheel.
- Place pan on cool side of the grill, close the lid and bake until cheese is soft and gooey and vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill, spoon some of the vegetables over cheese, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.
- Serve immediately with pita crackers or baguette.
- 1/2 cup Farm Boy™ Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 L) divided
- 1 1/2 cups Assorted Mini Tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsp Shallots very thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mini Peppers sliced
- 1 tsp Farm Boy™ Garlic Flowers (190 ml)
- Farm Boy Fleur de Sel and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 wheel Farm Boy™ Double Cream Brie (200 g)
- 2 Tbsp Basil for garnish
- Farm Boy™ Double Baked Multigrain Pita Crackers (170 g)