Sugar Wharf location marks Farm Boy’s 47th location in Ontario
OTTAWA, ON (January 23, 2023) – Ontario’s fastest-growing local, fresh-food retailer, Farm Boy, announced today it will be opening its 47th fresh market location on Thursday, February 9th, 2023 in downtown Toronto.
“We’re excited to welcome customers to our Sugar Wharf location to get a taste of the signature Farm Boy experience,” said Shawn Linton, Farm Boy President and General Manager. “We will continue to offer a wide range of freshly made grab-and-go options for customers looking for a quick and tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as well as the freshest seasonal produce and highest quality meat options. Our team is focused on providing customers an exceptional in-store experience with outstanding service that is truly all about the food.”
Located on the second level of 100 Queens Quay East in the same building as the new LCBO, the 29,600-sq.-ft. location will employ 125 people in the community. True to the company’s roots, this store promises to deliver a unique shopping experience with culinary selections to suit everyone’s needs. Customers can choose options from a made-to-order burger station, fresh sushi, a juicery, as well as hundreds of Farm Boy private-label products and an abundance of fresh, locally sourced foods to meet their grocery list needs.
Farm Boy currently operates 46 locations in Ontario and is widely known for its local farm-fresh produce as well as butcher-quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy, and extensive grab-and-go section.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Local farm-fresh produce with organic in-season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario-sourced dairy, meat, and grocery products.
- Hormone-free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A burger station for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
- Full service hot, salad, and soup bars.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private-label products throughout the store.
- A wide variety of local farmstead, international, and Canadian cheeses.
- A comfortable eating area with WiFi.
- Reusable bag options to accommodate customers’ shopping needs.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, butcher-quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and popular private- label products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 46 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway.
For more information contact:
Farm Boy Company Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa, ON K1J 8M7