Ottawa – April 29, 2015 – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) is celebrating the grand opening of its third fresh market location in London on Saturday, May 9 at 8 am.
Located at 1415 Beaverbrook Avenue, the new 28,000 square foot Farm Boy™ Beaverbrook store brings more than 150 jobs to the Beaverbrook community and, true to the Farm Boy roots, the new store promises to deliver the very best, “fresh-and-friendly”, convenient, fresh market shopping experience.
Customers are invited to the official grand opening celebration on Saturday, May 9th from 8 am to 2 pm. Refreshments begin at 7:30 a.m. and the official ribbon cutting ceremony with Mayor Brown at 7:50 am. The first 100 customers in line will receive sealed envelopes containing Farm Boy gift cards ranging in value from $5 to $100, with one grand prize gift card valued at $500.
Throughout the celebration customers will have the opportunity to sample tasty treats fromFarm Boy Chef Stephanie Brewster and several local suppliers including Coppa Di Gelato, Pine River Cheese and Schinkel’s Legacy, plus enjoy in-store specials and live entertainment. Children will have a chance to meet the Farm Boy mascot, Lulu the Cow and Dr. Beary Goode from Children’s Health Foundation, plus enjoy other fun activities.
The new store marks the 17th Farm Boy location in Ontario and the third store in London following the June 2014 opening of Farm Boy Wellington Road and the March 2015 opening of Farm Boy Masonville.
“We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to the Beaverbrook community,” says Jeff York, CEO of Farm Boy. “Since our first store opened almost one year ago, Londoners have quickly embraced our unique fresh shopping experience. We are grateful for their enthusiastic response and we look forward to welcoming the Beaverbrook community into our new store. We promise to work hard to earn their business.”
What’s in store for Beaverbrook’s new Farm Boy Fresh Market:
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce, including organic and local, in season.
- Premium Alberta beef cut from Canada AAA, marbled and aged for tenderness and great flavour.
- Field Gate Organics’ hormone-free fresh organic beef, pork and chicken.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Hundreds of organic, natural and gluten free products.
- 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- 150 fresh deli meats cut to order including turkey, beef and pork roasts, marinated overnight and slowly roasted without preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including local organic milk delivered fresh.
- More than 40 products from local suppliers including Fire Roasted Coffee, Organic Works gluten free fresh baked goods and YOU Market Fresh preserves.
- More than 60 fresh “scoop your own” bulk items: nuts, grains and sweet treats, including 22 organic choices.
- The new Farm Boy Kitchen, “Fresh Xpress”, chef prepared, made fresh to order hot meals including daily specials like Taco Tuesdays, Shawarma Thursdays and TGIF Pho Fridays.
- 50-foot wholesome, healthy and fresh salad and hot bars.
- 15 varieties of fresh soups, including tasty vegan varieties made with coconut milk like Mushroom Kale and Coconut Lentil Curry, served hot or ready to take home. All made from scratch with wholesome ingredients and no preservatives.
- Fresh sushi made in store fresh daily.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free WiFi.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10am to noon.
With this new store and more growth on the horizon, Farm Boy continues to build on its unique recipe for success: delivering the freshest, best-tasting foods and friendly service.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, their stores carry a full selection of premium meats, artisan cheese, sustainable seafood and private label brands, plus their popular fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981, to 17 stores located in Ottawa, Cornwall, Kingston and London. The company has announced plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario including one new store in Whitby, Ontario opening late summer 2015, with more stores planned for 2016. Learn more by visiting farmboy.ca and keep abreast of the company’s growth on Facebook, Twitter and by joining their weekly e-newsletter.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 8M7