This marks Farm Boy’s 4th location in Toronto and 34th location in Ontario
OTTAWA, ON (October 20, 2020) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announces the opening date of its 34th fresh market location on October 29th in Toronto.
Located at 2149 Yonge Street (unit 201), the 27,370 sq. ft. location has an updated design to seamlessly fit the urban environment, and has created 130 new jobs for the community. True to the company’s roots, this location promises to deliver local residents and nearby workplaces a unique experience with abundant fresh foods, and exceptional customer
“This iconic location in Toronto is a great opportunity to expand our footprint and presence in Toronto, connecting with the urban shopper,” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, President and General Manager, Farm Boy. “We have received so much positive feedback from customers asking us to expand Farm Boy’s footprint in Toronto. True to the Farm Boy brand, our team will provide the safest, freshest food experience with top-notch customer service. Our stores truly become central to the communities they serve and we cannot wait to join the neighborhood at Yonge and Eglinton.”
Farm Boy currently operates 33 locations in Ontario and will open 8 locations in Toronto by the end of 2021. Farm Boy is most widely known for its local farm fresh produce, as well as butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and private label products. Toronto shoppers can also look forward to plenty of locally made products and the ever-popular salad bar and hot bar favorites. Farm Boy fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals, chef-prepared marinated meats, and plenty of savoury and sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy kitchen will also be available at this location.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- 100% Canadian and hormone free pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheeses.
- Pizza, grill, and sushi stations for outstanding eating on-the-go.
- A Village Juicery kiosk packed with fresh offerings.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
About Farm Boy:
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 34 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway, with stores opening at Train Yards in Fall 2020 (Ottawa) Front and Bathurst in Winter 2021 (Toronto) and King and Weber in Winter 2021 (Waterloo).