Ottawa, ON (December 5, 2019) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, celebrates the official grand opening of its 29th fresh market location today.
Located at 3061 Walker’s Line in Burlington, the 24,000 sq. ft. Farm Boy store created 120 new jobs for the community. True to their roots, Farm Boy promises to deliver local shoppers a world-class experience with abundant fresh foods and exceptional customer service.
Grand Opening Celebration on Thursday, December 5th at 8 a.m.
Local residents are invited to join the store’s grand opening celebration, tour the new store, enjoy some Farm Boy treats and enter a contest with Halton.ca for a $500 gift card giveaway.
In addition to plentiful farm fresh produce, the store will showcase butcher quality meats, artisanal cheese and fresh dairy. Residents can also look forward to a terrific selection of locally made products and plant-based foods, as well as sweet and savoury treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen. For busy shoppers looking to eat well on the run, Farm Boy will be serving up their fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals with a hot bar, salad bar, and fast-casual restaurant experience that includes mouth-watering flatbreads pizzas, stir-fries and freshly rolled sushi.
Busy, time-pressed shoppers looking to eat well on the run can pick up breakfast, lunch or dinner to enjoy at home or relax in the store’s comfortably designed, Wi-Fi enabled dining area.
“For over 38 years, the heart and soul of our business since has been offering fresh, wholesome foods and friendly service,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy Co-CEO. “We are thrilled to open our newest location for the Burlington community and we will work hard to earn their business.”
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A full restaurant quality prepared food experience featuring:
- 36-foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar.
- Fresh sushi and flatbread pizza.
- Oven roasts cut to order.
- Comfort classic entrees ready to heat and eat.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 300 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheese.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy branded products found throughout the store.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.:
Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 29 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway.
Read about Farm Boy in the News: