St. Catharine’s location marks Farm Boy’s first location in the Niagara region and Farm Boy’s 30th location in Ontario
OTTAWA, ON (January 13, 2020) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announced the opening date of its 30th fresh market location on Thursday, January 30th in St. Catharines.
Located at 295 Fourth Avenue, at the corner of First Street, the store has created 120 new jobs within the local community. True to the company’s roots, Farm Boy stores promise to deliver local shoppers a world-class experience with abundant fresh foods and exceptional customer service.
Store Opening Ceremony on Thursday, January 30 at 7:45 a.m. with doors opening at 8 a.m.
The St. Catharines community is invited to join in the opening ceremony, where local dignitaries and suppliers will be in attendance and customers will be able to sample some of Farm Boy’s favourite local products. The first 100 people in line will receive a gift card ranging in value from $10 to $500. Farm Boy will mark the occasion at the grand opening of their newest store with a cheque presentation to the Niagara Health Foundation.
Grand Opening Celebration Saturday, February 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Local residents are invited to join the store’s grand opening celebration to sample many of the tasty treats Farm Boy has to offer and meet some of the many local suppliers that are featured in store. Children will have a chance to meet Farm Boy mascot, LULU the cow, and enjoy free face painting and balloon art.
In addition to abundant varieties of farm fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese and fresh dairy, St. Catharines shoppers can look forward to plenty of locally made products and fresh, delicious, chef-inspired meals with a fast-casual restaurant experience that includes mouthwatering stone-baked flatbreads, stir-fries and sushi – plus plenty of savoury and sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
Busy, time-pressed shoppers looking to eat well on the run can pick up breakfast, lunch or dinner to enjoy at home or relax in the store’s comfortably designed, Wi-Fi enabled eating area.
“From the very start, the focus of our business has always been to offer fresh, wholesome foods and exceptional customer service,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy Co-CEO. “We are so happy to open our first location in the Niagara Region. It’s always very exciting to join a new community, explore the local products and connect with new people in a different part of Ontario.”
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A full restaurant quality prepared food experience featuring:
- Wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar
- Fresh sushi and artisan pizza
- Comfort classic entrees ready to heat and enjoy
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheeses.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy branded products found throughout the store.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.:
Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown, since 1981 from a small produce stand in Cornwall to 29 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway.