Farm Boy team prepares to open their 44th location in Ontario.
Ottawa, ON (March 23, 2022) – Ontario’s fastest-growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, announced today it will be opening its 44th fresh market location on March 31 in Barrie.
“For over 40 years, the Farm Boy experience has been rooted in fresh, wholesome food, along with exceptional customer service,” said Farm Boy President and General Manager, Jean-Louis Bellemare. “We are so excited to share our many Ontario-made products with Barrie and cannot wait to be a part of this thriving community.”
Located at 436 Bryne Drive the new 30,046 sq. ft. location will employ 119 people in the community and illustrate Farm Boy’s 40 years of grocery retail experience and customer service excellence. True to Farm Boy’s roots, this new location will deliver local residents with a unique shopping experience offering a large assortment of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, a broad selection of Canadian pork, chicken, and beef with additional Chef Prepped marinated meat creations and meal ideas. Farm Boy’s grocery and dairy department delivers a great selection of items including more than 1600 Farm Boy private labels products, and a variety of sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Bake Shop. Barrie shoppers can also look forward to freshly prepared, chef-inspired dishes, including hot meals and the ever-popular salad bar for grab-and-go options.
Farm Boy opened 8 stores in 2021 and most recently opened its first store in Guelph, Ontario, on March 3, 2022. They currently operate 43 locations in Ontario.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Local farm-fresh produce with organic in-season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat, and grocery products.
- Hormone-free, organic beef, pork, and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A hot bar, salad bar, and grill station for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
- Hundreds of exclusive Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
- A wide variety of local farmstead, international, and Canadian cheeses.
- Reusable bag options to accommodate customers’ shopping needs.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy, and Farm Boy branded products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 43 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway. For a full list of future store locations, please visit our website www.farmboy.ca/future-store-locations/
For more information contact:
PR & Communications Manager
Farm Boy Company Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa, ON K1J 8M7