Ottawa – Mar 17, 2016 – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) celebrates the official grand opening of its first location in Brantford, Ontario.
Located at 240 King George Road, the new 20,000 square foot Farm Boy™ Brantford store brings 135 full and part-time jobs to the local community, and true to the Farm Boy roots, promises to deliver the very best, fresh, friendly and convenient shopping experience.
Opening ceremonies began early in the morning with welcome speeches from Jeff York, Farm Boy President and CEO, and Brantford Mayor Chris Friel.
Just prior to the ribbon cutting and the official opening of the new store, Farm Boy presented Marilyn Sewell, Chair of Brant Community Healthcare System Foundation, with a $5,000 donation in support of the hospital’s nutritional education programs.
Customers are invited to the store’s Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, March 19th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. While there, they can sample tasty treats from the Farm Boy Kitchen and several local suppliers including Finest Sausage & Meat Ltd and 2 Go Energy. Children will have a chance to meet the Farm Boy mascot, Lulu the Cow, have their photo taken in the Farm Boy truck photo board and enjoy some face painting.
“We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to the Brantford community” says Jeff York. “We promise to work hard to earn their business and we hope they will enjoy all of the fresh Farm Boy features this store has to offer.”
What’s in store for Brantford’s new Farm Boy?
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
- A 40 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made to order.
- Deeply marbled premium Canada AAA Beef, aged a minimum of 14 days.
- 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- Fieldgate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Fresh Oven Roasts cut to order with premium meats, slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without nitrates or preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 60 fresh “scoop your own” bulk nuts, grains and sweet treats with 20 organic choices.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon
With this new store and more growth on the horizon, Farm Boy continues to build on its unique recipe for success: delivering the freshest, best-tasting foods and friendly service. For more information about our Brantford store visit: http://www.farmboy.ca/brantford.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, plus their popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 20 stores located in Cornwall, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Whitby and now Brantford. The company plans to continue its expansion across Ontario with more stores planned for 2016 and beyond.
For more information contact:
Carolyn Trudel, Director of Marketing
Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 8M7