Train Yards, 665 Industrial Ave. - Bakery Team Member, Full-time (Open Availability)
Assist in the preparation and baking and/or selling of products required for the retail Bakery Department daily operations. The successful applicant must have evening and weekend availability.
1. Receive orders as they arrive (as requested) from suppliers and direct merchandise to proper area;
2. Accept responsibility for proper and adequate supply of all bakery products carried by Farm Boy;
3. Ensure proper stock rotation of raw product and finished goods in the department and ensure excellent quality and value of merchandise;
4. Keep the work and storage areas clean and safe at all times and keep equipment immaculate and in safe efficient working order;
5. Empty and clean the freezer and proofers on a regular and timely basis;
6. Work as a team member lending support and assistance to fellow employees;
7. Assist in the performance of inventory-taking and recommend the ordering of merchandise and supplies to the Bakery Manager or designate;
8. Accept the responsibility for designated opening and closing procedures as may be directed by the Bakery Manager or designate;
9. Assist and relieve other members of the Bakery production team as may be requested by the Bakery Manager or designate.
The following skill sets are required for this position:
Strong orientation for customer service and team participation;
Demonstrated experience in bakery production or retail will be considered an asset;
Superior standards of cleanliness and quality;
Positive outlook with a history of proven dependability and commitment;
Good communication and comprehension skills;
Technical knowledge of bakery products and equipment shall be considered a definite asset.
Click here to apply for this position Return to job listing