Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- LINE a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and then place a cooling rack on top.
- PREHEAT oven to 225F.
- COMBINE all ingredients from butter to dried thyme in a small bowl to form a delicious, buttery seasoning paste.
- COAT the entire surface of the roast with the butter mixture and place onto the rack in the prepared pan. Note: if you don’t have a cooling rack that will fit don’t sweat it, it’ll still turn out – the rack just promotes heat circulation around the meat.
- BAKE the roast until your desired level of doneness is achieved according to your meat thermometer.
- REMOVE roast from oven once cooked to preferred doneness, and now you have the option of serving the roast today or the following day. If you’d like to serve it the following day, simply cool the roast to room temperature and then refrigerate. Be sure to bring to room temperature for 2-3 hours before proceeding with the nest step – very important.
- HEAT oven to 550F (or 500-525F if your oven tends to run hot). Place roast into hot oven (still on original baking tray setup) and bake 10-15 minutes to develop a nice crust on the exterior. Serve hot in the centre of your table and enjoy!
Farm Boy AAA sirloin tip oven roast, any size, room temperature
unsalted butter, room temperature
freshly cracked black pepper