Skip to content
Scroll to Top
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Heat a large pot of water on high to boil.
- Add butternut squash cubes to the lined baking sheet and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat. Add the garlic cloves, season with salt and cracked pepper, and toss well. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, then remove, flip cubes, and bake another 15-20 minutes until golden brown in parts. Set aside squash and discard garlic cloves.
- Heat a large (12” or larger), heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and, once shimmering in pan, add the turkey sausage.
- Stir often and use the edge of a wooden spoon or spatula to break the meat into bite-sized bits while it cooks through, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add kale to pan and cook until slightly softened, stirring often. Turn off heat. Meanwhile, add about 3 tablespoons sea salt to boiling water and add orecchiette. Stir a few times in the beginning to prevent sticking and cook 2 minutes shy of package directions for al dente. Just before draining pasta remove a few ladles full of pasta water to a heat-safe container and set aside.
- Add the drained orecchiette, plus some of the reserved pasta water to the pan and heat on high to simmer and finish cooking the pasta – this helps to develop a velvety sauce and is one of my favourite pasta tips to share. After about 2 minutes the pasta should be perfectly al dente.
- Gently fold the roasted butternut squash and chopped mini bocconcini into the pasta and serve immediately.
butternut squash, diced
peeled and whacked
Farm Boy Turkey sausages, removed from casings
Farm Boy™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 L)
plus more for roasting squash
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste, plus more salt for pasta water
kale, finely chopped
1 x 500g pkg
Farm Boy™ Orecchiette Artisan Pasta (500 g)
Farm Boy™ Mini Bocconcini (200 g)