Crispy, fried pork belly chicharrón is popular in many countries like Mexico, Dominican Republic, Latin America, Spain and the Phillippines. It is usually a labour-intensive process to come up with the crispiest and most delicious pork, but thanks to the air fryer, we can skip all that hard work and enjoy this tasty and affordable cut in little time.
Pork belly chicharrón makes a delicious starter – we are serving it with fresh guacamole to be enjoyed family style; you can serve it in slices or chop it up for making tacos. Serve with lime wedges, salsa and corn tortillas and let the party start!
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- Season pork belly on all sides with salt and pepper and place, skin side up on air fryer basket, making sure pieces don’t touch. If you have a small air fryer, you may have to cook pork in batches.
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes, shaking basket from time to time, until golden and crunchy (internal temperature will be at least 190°F).
- Place guacamole in a bowl and serve alongside pork belly.
- Serve with salsa, lime wedges and corn tortillas.
- 950 g pork belly steak cut into 1" thick slices, then scored 1" apart on the meaty side, without cutting through the skin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 pack Farm Boy™ Guacamole (275 g)
- Farm Boy™ Fire Roasted Three Pepper Salsa (300 ml)
- Farm Boy™ Yellow Corn Tortillas (450 g)
- Lime wedges