REAL ESTATE CRITERIA
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
We’re growing and looking for the best fresh market shopping locations to expand in Southwestern Ontario. Our mission is to provide customers with the best fresh foods and friendliest customer service while becoming an integral part of the community and supporting other local vendors.
If you have a retail location you think would make a good site for Farm Boy, please review the following guidelines and send your ideas and pictures to
our real estate team.
The basic criteria for a Farm Boy™ site include:
- 20,000 – 28,000 sq. ft.
- Dedicated customer parking – four parking spaces per 1,000 sq. ft. of GLA
- Site access – good frontage and visibility
- 80,000 population in a five kilometer radius
- Near a major retail centre is preferred
- Truck turning radius with ability to receive 53’ trailers
- Two loading bays
- Permitted inside and outside eating areas
- Pylon sign
- Farm Boy store front design and signature timber entrance (to be part of the Site Plan approval)
- Right side customer entrance