A Message from Farm Boy
At Farm Boy, our company’s purpose is to be a family nurturing families and that has never been more true than right now. We are incredibly proud of our teammates. Their efforts have been incredible, and we know there is still work ahead of us as we continue to clean while moving to a new normal. Our tremendous retail and warehouse teams are working around the clock to keep our stores safe and stocked. This is a pivotal time for all Canadians as we navigate the changes required to fight the spread of COVID-19. We are standing strong and supporting our customers and communities, because as a family-focused business, that’s just what we do.
Steps to Protect Our Teammates and Our Customers
We’re doing everything we can to keep our teammates and customers safe in our stores. We continue to assess and implement new measures as needed.
- Our staff are wearing face masks (or face shields if they can’t wear face masks) in store for everyone’s added safety.
- Installed Plexiglass cashier shields as a safeguard to protect our teammates and customers.
- Installed Plexiglass at our deli and prepared food service counters.
- We continue increased sanitizing and cleaning procedures in all areas throughout stores, including staff areas.
- We are still accepting bottle returns.
- We have eliminated the use of reusable cups and mugs.
- Customers are welcome to bring reusable bags into the store and cashiers are happy to pack your groceries in them.
- Stopped the sale of all bulk foods in self-serve areas.
- Cancelled all product demos and sampling.
- We strictly enforce that teammates who feel sick do not come into work, and implemented the procedures recommended by health authorities for those who have travelled or have been exposed to others who have travelled.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
COVID-19 Cases in Our Stores
We will always notify and follow the guidance of Public Health to support our teammates who are impacted by COVID-19.
We will continue to update the COVID-19 tracker below to be transparent with you where we have been notified of cases of COVID-19 in our stores. Out of respect for our teammates and their confidentiality, we will never release any personal information about our people. We will always do everything we can to support our teammates and ensure their safety. Where required, we will communicate with customers who have shopped in the impacted location, with store signage, outlining our steps to manage the situation.
We will make every effort to update this information in due course and as information becomes available to us, following the guidance of Public Health.* Please note that all cases will be removed from the tracker after 14 days from their initial reporting date unless new information is received from Public Health.
Farm Boy Whitby
September 13, 2021
Public Health and Farm Boy work to perform contact tracing immediately. The last day the team member worked at the store was Sept 3.360 Taunton Road East, Unit 2, Whitby, Ontario