A Message from Farm Boy
At Farm Boy, our company’s purpose is to be a family nurturing families and that has never been more true than right now. We are incredibly proud of our teammates. Their efforts have been incredible, and we know there is much more hard work ahead. Our tremendous retail and warehouse teams are working around the clock to keep our stores safe and restock our shelves. This is a pivotal time for all Canadians as we navigate the changes required to fight the spread of COVID-19. We are standing strong and supporting our customers and communities, because as a family-focused business, that’s just what we do.
Steps to Protect Our Teammates and Our Customers
We are doing everything we can to keep our teammates and customers safe in our stores. We will continue to assess and implement new measures as needed.
- Our staff are wearing face masks (or face shields if they can’t wear face masks) in store for everyone’s added safety.
- Installed plexiglass cashier shields as a safeguard to protect our teammates and customers.
- Reduced store hours to allow more time for extra sanitization efforts and stocking our shelves.
- Introduced “Early Shopping Hour” at some stores for the first hour of the day, providing the most vulnerable among us with a dedicated time to shop for goods. Visit our Store Page for individual store hours.
- Installed Plexiglass at our deli and prepared food service counters.
- We are sanitizing all carts and baskets at the front of our stores, and have stepped up our general sanitizing and cleaning procedures in all areas throughout stores, including staff areas.
- We are still accepting bottle returns.
- We encourage all shoppers to forgo cash payments and opt for contactless payment whenever possible.
- We have eliminated the use of reusable cups and mugs.
- Customers are welcome to bring reusable bags into the store and cashiers are happy to pack your groceries in them.
- We have closed all of our self-serve hot bars, salad bars and olive bars, to limit the opportunities for communal food handling.
- Stopped the sale of all bulk foods in self-serve areas.
- Cancelled all product demos and sampling.
- Encouraged all teammates who feel sick to stay home, and implemented the procedures recommended by health authorities for those who have travelled or have been exposed to others who have travelled.
Early Shopping Hour
Some of our stores will be devoting the first hour of operations to those most vulnerable and those who require extra attention, particularly seniors. Visit our Store Page for individual store hours.
The government has made it clear that those most at risk, including seniors, should stay home and encourages family, friends and neighbours to help support them during this terrible coronavirus. But for those that need to get out for essential supplies, let’s make shopping a little easier.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
COVID-19 Cases in Our Stores
We will always notify and follow the guidance of Public Health to support our teammates who are impacted by COVID-19.
We will continue to update the COVID-19 tracker below to be transparent with you where we have been notified of cases of COVID-19 in our stores. Out of respect for our teammates and their confidentiality, we will never release any personal information about our people. We will always do everything we can to support our teammates and ensure their safety. Where required, we will communicate with customers who have shopped in the impacted location, with store signage, outlining our steps to manage the situation.
We will make every effort to update this information in due course and as information becomes available to us, following the guidance of Public Health.* Please note that all cases will be removed from the tracker after 14 days from their initial reporting date unless new information is received from Public Health.
Farm Boy Blossom Park
June 14, 2021
Public Health and Farm Boy work to perform contact tracing immediately. The last day the team member worked at the store was June 8th2950 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario