London, Wellington South - Food Experience Manager, South Western Ontario
The Farm Boy Food Experience Manager is responsible for delivering a positive – interactive brand experience both in-store and in the community. Responsibilities include execution and delivery of all aspects of the Farm Boy Food Experience program including introducing products to customers and potential customers, providing product education, conducting product demonstrations, promoting sales and engaging customers. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
1. Perform product demonstrations throughout the store and in the community in a fun and friendly manner consistent with the Farm Boy values;
2. Ensure that all demos are effectively and efficiently facilitated including set up, presentation, clean up and completing paperwork;
3. Co-ordinate, prepare and present food in accordance with the established quality standards;
4. Promote products via samples, cooking/serving suggestions, and personal experience;
5. Oversee the quality of product for use, the appearance of the counters and the cleanliness of production and retail areas at all times;
6. Work with Department Managers to ensure sufficient product for demos is ordered and available;
7. Create a staffing schedule to leverage productivity needs of the department;
8. Train, oversee and assist staff in the proper preparation and rotation of product;
9. Order demo supplies and maintain demo equipment as needed;
10. Monitor financial and performance results and contribute to the achievement of financial success;
11. Practice and promote Farm Boy policies (as communicated in meetings, policies and procedure manuals, employee guidebooks, written directives, etc.) and ensure compliance;
12. Ensure compliance of all Government regulations and Health & Safety standards;
13. Provide superior customer service and address customer needs in a timely and effective manner;
14. Develop new demo programming in conjunction with Marketing including educational demos teaching healthy eating and proper nutrition;
15. Represent Farm Boy in the community at events set out by Marketing;
16. Gather customer feedback for internal use and to share with internal stakeholders and vendors.
This description describes the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other related duties may be assigned by management.
The following skill sets are required for this position:
Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in business administration or culinary arts, plus a minimum of 3 years of experience conducting and/or organizing store demos with a proven ability to sell food products
Successful completion of a Public Health Food Handler certification plus Level A First Aid and Basic CPR certification, or the commitment to complete within 6 months
A passion for food retailing and basic to intermediate cooking skills (must be comfortable cooking without a recipe);
Superior service skills with the ability to knowledgeably and enthusiastically communicate with customers;
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills;
Working knowledge and application of merchandising techniques with a focus on attention to detail;
Strong demonstrated knowledge of retail industry and food products, including current trends (i.e. gluten-free, vegan, organic, etc.);
Superior standards of quality;
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekend and holidays as required;
Access to a reliable vehicle and possession of a valid Drivers License is required.
Click here to apply for this position Return to job listing