Home Office, Ogilvie Road - Design Production Coordinator (Full-Time)
The marketing team is looking for a technically-skilled production coordinator to manage the production and delivery of all marketing design projects including; project planning, workflow management, production efficiency, print buying, cost control, quality control, press checks and logistical coordination. He or she will manage the schedule for all projects and will work closely with our internal and external resources to ensure that all project deadlines and requirements are met. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
1. Manage all incoming marketing sign and marketing material requests from requirements, design, costing, approvals, production, print, delivery, and archiving; ensuring that customer expectations and all project requirements are met. Includes liaison with home office, procurement and retail teams and coordination with external suppliers and content providers.
The following skill sets are required for this position:
2. Performing project and office administration tasks, which typically include production and distribution of collateral, file management, data collection, report creation, purchase order requisition, proofreading, research, ordering, accounting reconciliation and team collaboration.
3. Develop and maintain marketing archiving and filing structures to ensure efficient and timely recovery of required design materials and content.
4. Oversee the development of design process and workflow improvement projects including software upgrades, database development and other initiatives to continuously improve on the department’s resource utilization.
5. Design departmental administration including maintaining schedules, purchase order requisitions, resource contact lists, project planning and other types of reporting as required.
6. Promote company policies and procedures, foster high morale, teamwork, and productivity through personal leadership.
7. Special projects as assigned by the Marketing Director.
Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program in Marketing plus 2-3 years of experience managing projects in a marketing, design or advertising role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Personable, presentable and articulate team player with a sense of humour
Effective project management skills in a marketing/print environment
Sound understanding of marketing principles and design, production and publishing processes
Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
Ability to set own schedule and work with minimum supervision
Well-developed computer skills, specifically in Word and Excel with a solid understanding of: graphic design and web development tools: CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Flash and WordPress
Flexible to travel with reliable transportation
Formal training in design and print media
Fluency in French shall be considered an asset
Click here to apply for this position Return to job listing