January 21st, 2021
Farm Boy opens third downtown Toronto location January 28, 2021
Front Street and Bathurst Street location is the 36th Farm Boy location in Ontario
Ottawa, ON (January 21st, 2021) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, announced today it will be opening its 36th fresh market location on January 28th in Toronto. “Torontonians are telling us that they are really enjoying our Farm Boy stores in Toronto and based on customer requests, we are excited to continue expanding our footprint and presence in the downtown core,” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, President and General Manager, Farm Boy. “We have adapted to a full-service hot bar and salad bar while also including other popular eat on-the-go options so that customers can easily enjoy some of our favourite chef-inspired meals from home.”
Located at 29 Bathurst Street (on the corner of Front Street and Bathurst Street), the 33,478 sq. ft. location has created 130 new jobs for the community. True to the company’s roots, this location promises to deliver local residents and nearby workplaces a unique experience with abundant fresh foods, grab and go options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with exceptional customer service.
Farm Boy currently operates 35 locations in Ontario and will open 7 new locations by the end of 2021. Farm Boy is widely known for its local farm fresh produce as well as butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and private label products.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Local farm fresh produce with organic in season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- Full-service hot bar and salad bar.
- Pizza, grill, and sushi stations for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
- A Village Juicery kiosk packed with fresh offerings.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, international and Canadian cheeses.
- Over 19 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available to prepare at home.
About Farm Boy Company Inc. Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and popular private label products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 35 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway. For a full list of future store locations, please visit our website www.farmboy.ca/future-store-locations/
For more information contact: