February 25th, 2015
Farm Boy™ Masonville Now Open
Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) is celebrating the grand opening of its second fresh market location in London today. Located at 109 Fanshawe Park Road East (Fanshawe Park Place Mall), the new 24,000 square foot Farm Boy™ Masonville store brings more than 140 full and part-time jobs to the North London community. True to the Farm Boy roots, the new store promises to deliver the very best, “fresh-and-friendly” and convenient, fresh market shopping experience.
The new store marks the 16th Farm Boy location in Ontario, and the second of three stores planned for London this year. “We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to North London community,” says Jeff York, CEO of Farm Boy. “We’ve received an overwhelmingly positive response after opening our first London Farm Boy store on Wellington Road South last June, and we look forward to meeting our new neighbours and serving our new customers in Masonville. We hope they will enjoy all the fresh Farm Boy features this store has to offer.”
What’s in store for Masonville’s new Farm Boy Fresh Market:
- Abundant, high quality fresh produce, including organic and local, in season.
- Premium Alberta beef cut from Canada AAA, marbled and aged for tenderness and great flavour.
- Field Gate Organics’ hormone-free fresh organic beef, pork and chicken.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Hundreds of organic, natural and gluten free products.
- 300 local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
- 150 fresh deli meats cut to order including turkey, beef and pork roasts, marinated overnight and slowly roasted without preservatives.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including local organic milk delivered fresh.
- 40 products from local suppliers including Fire Roasted Coffee, Organic Works gluten free fresh baked goods and YOU Market Fresh preserves.
- 63 fresh “scoop your own” bulk items: nuts, grains and sweet treats, including 22 organic choices.
- The new Farm Boy Kitchen, “Fresh Xpress”, chef prepared, made fresh to order hot meals including daily specials like Taco Tuesdays, Shawarma Thursdays and TGIF Pho Fridays.
- 50-foot wholesome, healthy and fresh salad and hot bars.
- 15 varieties of fresh soups, including tasty vegan varieties made with coconut milk like Mushroom Kale and Coconut Lentil Curry, served hot or ready to take home. All made from scratch with wholesome ingredients and no preservatives.
- Fresh sushi made in store fresh daily.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free WIFI.
- Lulu the Cow, in stores greeting children every Saturday from 10am to noon.
With this new store and more growth on the horizon, Farm Boy continues to build on its unique recipe for success: delivering the freshest, best-tasting foods and friendly service.
About Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience compared to traditional grocers. Featuring their signature farm-fresh produce and organic, natural and locally sourced foods, their stores carry a full selection of premium meats, artisan cheese, sustainable seafood and private label brands, plus their popular fresh prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981, to 16 stores located in Ottawa, Cornwall, Kingston and London. The company has announced plans to continue its fresh market expansion across Ontario with another London store (Beaverbrook), set to open this May, two more stores this year, and 4-5 stores opening in 2016. Learn more by visitingfarmboy.ca and be sure to keep in touch by liking us onFacebook, following us on Twitter and joining our e-newsletter.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
Farm Boy 2012 Inc.
1427 Ogilvie Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1J 8M7