Ottawa’s New and Updated Train Yards location opening November 19th, 2020
OTTAWA, ON (November 17, 2020) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announces the details of its new flagship store, set to open at Ottawa Train Yards on Thursday, November 19th.
“This new location really allows us to bring our tagline of “It’s all about the food” to life by providing an enhanced customer experience through a larger store format and expansion of our product lines in all departments.” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, President and General Manager, Farm Boy. “Our team will provide the safest, freshest food experience with top-notch customer service. We are proud that our stores become central to the communities they serve, and we cannot wait to open at Train Yards with many exciting new offerings.”
Located at 830 Belfast Road, just across the parking lot of the existing store, the 41,021 sq. ft. location will bring a unique experience to customers, including an expanded produce department with a large assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables. Farm Boy’s grocery and dairy department delivers an easier shopping experience with extended aisles and a greater selection of items including 1200+ Farm Boy private labels products, and a new artisan bread counter located in the Bake Shop. Farm Boy’s meat department will offer a greater selection of Canadian pork, chicken and beef with additional Chef Prepped marinated meat creations and meal ideas. New features also include a food-truck style burger bar that serves up Farm Boy’s popular burgers and fries (including meatless options), a full-service hot and salad bar packed with Farm Boy favorite dishes, and an expanded variety of fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals for grab and go options.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- More variety of farm fresh produce with organic and local in season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products with new organic items added.
- A larger selection of 100% Canadian and hormone free pork and chicken.
- A larger selection of 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Artisan bread counter in the Bake Shop.
- A Bridgehead coffee shop in store.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheeses.
- Pizza, grill, and sushi stations, as well as a new burger truck, for outstanding eating on-the-go.
- Built in centralized iPad order kiosks for pre-ordering from any of the chef stations.
- A 35-foot full service salad bar, 25-foot full service hot bar, and 5-foot-long soup bar.
- Over 19 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- A three-season café bump-out with garage doors and rooftop café terrace.
- Brand new electric charging stations for vehicles.
- 1200+ popular Farm Boy private label products in expanded grocery and dairy section.
About Farm Boy:
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and popular private label products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 34 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway, with stores opening at Front and Bathurst in Winter 2021 (Toronto), King and Weber in Winter 2021 (Waterloo) Yonge and Silver Maple in Spring 2021 (Richmond Hill), and Harbourfront in Spring 2021 (Toronto).