Farm Boy team prepares to open their 35th location in Ontario
Ottawa, ON (December 16th) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, today announces the opening date of its 35th fresh market location on January 7, 2021, in Waterloo.
Located at 417 King Street North (King Street North and Weber Street North) the 26,725 sq. ft. location has created 130 new jobs for the community. True to the company’s roots, this location promises to deliver local residents with a unique experience with abundant fresh foods, grab and go options, and exceptional customer service.
“We are excited to kick-off another busy year of store openings with our 35th location in Waterloo, Ontario,” said Jean-Louis Bellemare, President and General Manager, Farm Boy. “Our new team will live up to our Farm Boy promise to provide the safest, freshest food experience with top-notch customer service.”
Farm Boy currently operates 34 locations in Ontario and will open 8 new locations, (including one relocation), by the end of 2021. Farm Boy is most widely known for its local farm fresh produce as well as butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and private label products.
Waterloo shoppers can look forward to plenty of locally made products, the ever-popular full-service salad and hot bar as well as fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals, chef prepared marinated meats, plus plenty of savoury and sweet treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Bake Shop.
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Local farm fresh produce with organic in season products.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- Grill station for outstanding eat on-the-go options.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy private label products throughout the store.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheeses.
- Over 19 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available to prepare at home.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.
Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring signature farm-fresh produce, butcher quality meats, artisan cheese, fresh dairy and popular private label products. Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 34 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway. For a full list of future store locations, please visit our website www.farmboy.ca/future-store-locations/
For more information contact: