OTTAWA, ON (January 30, 2020) – Ontario’s fastest growing local fresh food retailer, Farm Boy, celebrates the official grand opening of its 30th fresh market location today. Located at 295 Fourth Avenue, at the corner of First Street, this newest Farm Boy store has created 120 new jobs for the community. True to their roots, Farm Boy promises to deliver local shoppers a world-class experience with abundant fresh foods and exceptional customer service.
Grand Opening Celebration Saturday, February 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Local residents are invited to join the store’s grand opening celebration to sample many of the tasty treats Farm Boy has to offer and meet some of the many local suppliers that are featured in store. Children will have a chance to meet Farm Boy mascot, LULU the cow, and enjoy free face painting and balloon art.
In addition to plentiful farm fresh produce, the store will showcase butcher quality meats, artisanal cheese and fresh dairy. Residents can also look forward to a terrific selection of locally made products and plant-based foods, as well as sweet and savoury treats made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen. For busy shoppers looking to eat well on the run, Farm Boy will be serving up their fresh, delicious chef-inspired meals with a hot bar, salad bar, and fast-casual restaurant experience that includes mouth-watering flatbreads pizzas, stir-fries and freshly rolled sushi.
Busy, time-pressed shoppers looking to eat well on the run can pick up breakfast, lunch or dinner to enjoy at home or relax in the store’s comfortably designed, Wi-Fi enabled eating area.
“We’ve been in business for over 38 years, and the heart and soul of our business since day one has been offering fresh, wholesome foods and friendly, knowledgeable service,” says Jeff York, Farm Boy Co-CEO. “We couldn’t be happier to be opening our doors to the St. Catharines community, and are excited for the opportunity to earn their business.”
Highlights – what’s in store at Farm Boy:
- Farm fresh produce with organic and local in season.
- Hundreds of Ontario fresh dairy, meat and grocery products.
- Hormone free, organic beef, pork and chicken.
- 100% Canadian AAA beef, deeply marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
- Plenty of plant-based, vegan and vegetarian fresh foods.
- A full restaurant quality prepared food experience featuring:
- 36-foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar.
- Fresh sushi and artisan pizza.
- Comfort classic entrees ready to heat and eat.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- Over 400 local farmstead, International and Canadian cheese.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or available cold.
- Hundreds of popular Farm Boy branded products found throughout the store.
About Farm Boy Company Inc.:
Eastern Ontario based Farm Boy provides a unique and friendly, fresh-market shopping experience featuring their signature farm-fresh produce, locally sourced foods, popular store brands and wholesome fresh prepared meals. With legions of loyal customers, Farm Boy has grown from a small produce stand starting in Cornwall in 1981 to 30 stores located across Ontario with further expansion plans underway.