With many kids heading back to school and some of us possibly heading back to offices, it’s time to get back into the routine of packing lunches that are satisfying, flavourful, and exciting – for both kids and adults! To help you level up your lunch game, here are some nut-free lunch ideas to try out – one for every day of the work/school week!
Monday: Soup + Sandwich
Can’t go wrong with a classic soup and sandwich combo! But in this idea, we’re swapping your regular ham and cheese sandwich for something more elevated.
- Layer Farm Boy™ Sliced Prosciutto, pear, and our Double Cream Brie into one of our Thin Square Buns or a ciabatta bun and top with cracked pepper
- Farm Boy™ Tomato Basil Soup to pack in a thermos – find this in our Chef Department
- Arugula salad with Farm Boy™ Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Farm Boy™ School Friendly Snacks, like our Oatmeal Spiced Carrot Cookies
Pro Tip: If you have time, grill the sandwich a bit in a pan, or in a sandwich press to help meld the flavours together
Tuesday: Orzo Salad + Lunchbox Charcuterie
This lunch idea is inspired by Mediterranean flavours and is satiating without feeling heavy.
- Farm Boy™ Feta Orzo Salad
- To make your charcuterie, stack layers of folded Farm Boy™ Genoa Salami (or your favourite deli meat), Farm Boy™ Organic Cheese, and Farm Boy Garlic Pita Crackers or Artisan Crackers into a reusable container.
- Add in a couple of our new Pepperoni Sticks (Olive, Fennel, Truffle, Hot, or Mild) for quick snacking
- Prep a simple cucumber tomato salad topped with our Feta & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Wednesday: Veggie Sandwich + Hearty Salad
Here’s a filling lunchbox combo for our vegetarian friends! If you wanted to make this less hearty, you could swap your side salad for simple greens and vinaigrette instead.
- Caprese Sandwich – make your own with our Buffalo Mozzarella, tomato slices, and basil or pick one up from our Chef Department
- Farm Boy™ Side Salads, like our Quinoa Bean or Thai Sweet Potato
- Farm Boy™ Plant-Based Oatmeal Raison or Chocolate Chip Cookies (in our Bake Shop)
- Grapes (blue grapes now in-store!) and other sliced fruit
Thursday: Deli Wrap + Veggies
This is a great option for when you’re crunched for time in the mornings. A wrap with a side of fruit and veggies is simple to prep. Keep it flavourful and interesting by incorporating high-quality toppings, fresh dips, and ripe produce that’s in season.
- Add a couple different Farm Boy™ Sliced Italian or Spanish Deli Meats into a Farm Boy™ Whole Wheat Tortilla with slices of your favourite Farm Boy™ Organic Cheese, like our Organic Marble Cheddar. Add toppings like mustard, pickled vegetables, mayo, etc. and slice in half.
- Carrot sticks, crackers & Farm Boy™ Authentic Lebanese Hummus. Or, try one of our new Farm Boy™ Bean Dips, like our Red Lentil and Bulgur Dip.
- Farm Boy™ Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Sliced berries, peaches, or nectarines – get these while they’re in season!
Friday: Taco Bowl or Salad
Kill two birds with one stone with this lunch idea by making enough for both dinner and lunch!
- Prep some hearty taco bowls for dinner on Thursday night using our Chef’s Recipe for Ground Beef Taco Bowls. Double the recipe if needed (depending on how many you’re cooking for) so you can pack your leftovers for lunch.
- You can turn this bowl into a taco salad by substituting the rice for chopped romaine lettuce.
- For a little mid-day snack, pack a little bag or container filled with Farm Boy™ Himalayan Pink Salt Popcorn. Or, try our new soda-flavoured caramel popcorns, like our cream soda caramel corn, if you’re craving something a little sweeter!
For more back to routine and fall inspiration, check out our Falling for Harvest page!